Anti-Bullying Film Festival 2017
This year the event will take place on National Anti-Bullying Day on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at l'école Victor-Brodeur at 637 Head Street.
In February 2012 Boys & Girls Club Services of Greater Victoria in conjunction with members of Victoria's Community Centre Network (CCN) launched a film festival contest designed to engage local youth and teens in educating their peers and the wider community about the negative impact of bullying. Due to the tremendous success of this event and support from local organizations and community partners, the CCN decided to make this into an annual event. 2017 will mark Victoria’s sixth annual Youth United Anti-Bullying Film Festival.
This event is meant to empower and engage youth in speaking out against an issue that remains very close at hand for many children and youth. Participants under the age of 19 are tasked with creating and submitting a 60-second public service announcement (PSA) that conveys a creative and impactful anti-bullying message. CCN reviews and prepares these PSAs to be screened at the anti-bullying film festival. The panel of judges is comprised of local public figures who assist with the selection the three grand prize winners. Movies will be judged within the two categories of Grade 8 and younger, and Grade 9-12.
See full poster here.
Interested in making a movie?
1. Download the registration form and read it well (to ensure your video follows the rules and can be submitted)
2. Get inspiration - watch winning movies from previous years here.
3. Plan out your movie, read the judging criteria to ensure your video has a message and the production quality that wins you prizes!
4. Submit your movie and your filled out registration forms either by USB drive to Oaklands Community Centre or by uploading it to Dropbox© and sharing it with email@example.com . All videos much be submitted by 12:00 p.m. on Friday, February 17, 2017.
5. That’s it! For more information on how to share files in Dropbox© click here.
Don't have a group? Join ours!
Come to Flip Out Fridays (9-12 yrs) or Out and About (13-16 yrs) on Fridays Feb 10 & 17th and you can plan and make a movie with us! Call us for more details or look at our youth page for more info.
Are you a teacher or a youth service provider? Share this presentation with your teens (click on the image below to start slideshow):